Thursday, February 2, 2023

Latest News from David Hope in Canada

 As I write to you it is hard to believe that I will be leaving Canada in a couple of days time. Before I left I was counting the number of sleeps down. Once here I was counting the number of games played. Tomorrow I will play my final game in the Strathcona Cup 2023 which will be game 27. 


Many miles have been covered by the West Tour as we travelled from Vancouver to Ottawa. We have visited many ice rinks along the way. For me personally there were two stand out ice rinks in this journey. The first was Qualicum Beach CC on Vancouver Island. The ice rink was jumping with 6 or 7 deep of spectators on both floors hammering the window whenever either side made a great shot. You could feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when I came off the ice after our game. The next ice rink is Banff, which is the only ice rink I have played in which has windows! These windows gave you views onto the mountains which changed with the light. Magical!!!

Recent results have been mixed for my rink and have met a few tough rinks along the way. We had a win yesterday morning play at RCMP in the morning which had no advertising at all but the hog line had Police tape telling you “Do not cross line”. In the afternoon we travelled to a new ice rink at City View CC where we lost by a shot. A great days curling.

This evening we are heading to the Ottawa Hunt Club for dinner. Will play our final game at the Hunt Club tomorrow and have our closing banquet there.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment